Parents & Carers

Welcome

As a small, friendly college, we are a popular choice with school leavers because of the support we give. Located in the centre of Saltaire village, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, we have a safe and unique environment which is easily accessible by bus, train and car. Find out more about the area in Studying in Saltaire.

We value your interest as a parent or carer whether helping your son or daughter find the right course or encouraging them in their development. Please get in touch if you have any questions or concerns at any point.

 

The Student Services are a key point of contact and to find out more see Help & Advice or contact them directly on 01274 327281.

Alongside their studies, our students can also get involved in a range of additional activities, clubs, fundraising and volunteering opportunities. They can learn new skills, develop confidence and make new friends. Find out more at Student Life.

Our students gain the qualifications and skills to progress their futures and 93% of full-timers progress into further study or work. To find out more about the college, see About us.

At  Meet our Students you can find out what some of our students and apprentices have to say.

If you have a question for us want to book to come along to one of our open days, please complete the form on this page.

Thank you for you interest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Introducing New T Levels for 16 year olds starting 2020

Here at Shipley College we are very pleased to be one of the first colleges in the country to be offering            T Levels, new technical courses launching in 2020. Initially, we will be offering T Levels in Digital/Education & Childcare. The 2 year T Level courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses to help students get the skills and knowledge they need and open the door to highly skilled employment, a higher apprenticeship or higher level study.

T Levels will combine classroom theory, practical learning and a 45 to 60 day industry placement with an employer to make sure students have a real experience of the workplace. The course will take two years to complete, offering a technical alternative to A Levels. Around 80% of the time will be spent at college, with the remaining 20% being spent at a placement. This differs to an Apprenticeship, which is typically 80% on-the-job and 20% in the classroom and more suited to those who feel ready to enter the workforce at 16.

The first T Levels will be offered in September 2020, so if your child is currently in Year 10, they will be among the first with the opportunity to study them. Initially, Shipley College will be offering T Levels in Digital/Education & Childcare. In the years that follow there will be many more subjects to choose from, including Finance and Health. Alongside specialist teaching in college, the industry placement will be a key part of the programme. Experience with a real employer in a real workplace will allow students to apply the skills and knowledge they learn in the classroom to the job, giving them a taste of the world of work you can expect once they complete their studies. This will give them the opportunity to develop the employability skills they need for their chosen career.

To find out more about T Levels, visit www.gov.uk/dfe/t-levels 

 

Didn't find what you were looking for?

We are here to help you Contact us for assistance

Search You can search for a course or any other information using this search box.