Most people have heard about Apprenticeships but what do they mean these days? And how can they help your business access funding and new talented employees to drive your business forward?
Apprenticeships can benefit your organisation to:
- Recruit new or develop existing talent for your business
- Fill junior positions allowing existing staff to free up their time and take on more responsibility
- Give your team new skills and energy
- Give a young person a career opportunity.
By choosing Shipley College to deliver Apprenticeships you will benefit
- Receive a personal and professional advice from our experienced Business Development Team
- Make the recruitment of new roles simpler and cheaper
- Access support & guidance from us throughout the process, from recruitment & selection to training & completion
- Getting advice on costs & funding available for you
- Simple and cost effective recruitment
Apprenticeship through Shipley College you are not only helping a local young person to start their career, but you will also receive expert advice and support from the Shipley College Business Development Team to recruit new staff.
Support from the start:
- Contact our Business Development Team to find out how we can help you.
- We will support you through the recruitment & selection process as well as throughout the Apprenticeship.
- We will discuss with you over the phone or in person at your place of work to give you the information you need.
- We will guide you through the process, including accessing funding, the options specifically for your organisation and how to move the process forward.
- We have expert knowledge of the Apprenticeships qualifications available through the standard, and can advise on how these can be selected to ensure the Apprentice meets the needs of the business.
- We have a database of people looking for Apprenticeships and can help match suitable people to your roles.
- We will advertise your vacancy externally on our website jobs board, as well as via social media. You are also encouraged to advertise the vacancy through your usual methods.
- We can support you through the recruitment process being the first point of call for applications and can do the first phase of short listing. We can also answer questions from applicants about the role.
‘The quality of candidates I reviewed for vacancies from Shipley College is far superior to those I have received from other training providers. The College team understands my priorities as a small business employer in the service sector and works hard
to support me and my apprentices throughout the training. The apprentices receive an all round post school education which helps to develop them into great employees and colleagues.’
Angela Newark, Director, Martin & Co