FOUNDATION LEARNING AT SHIPLEY COLLEGE WILL HELP YOU TO:
- Find out what you enjoy.
- Build your confidence.
- Make new friends.
- Improve your maths, English & IT skills.
- Explore your options and succeed.
Before you start your foundation course, you will visit the College to see if the course and environment is right for you. Your course is made up of 3 parts:
- Vocational Choices - Choose what you are interested in and/or try something new
- Personal & Social Development to help you in life and work
- Functional Skills are the vital skills that will help you get on in life and in your career. You will focus on English, maths & ICT, which will help you to go on to the next level at College, or to find a job.
'I chose Shipley College because it’s not too big and the students & staff are friendly.
I am learning employability skills on my course which will help me in the future. I enjoy playing football so after my course, I would like to progress to the Sport Level 1 course.’
Moin, 17, Foundation Learning
'I have had great experiences over the last two years while at Shipley College. Performing Arts has built my confidence.'
Haris, 19, Foundation Learning