FOUNDATION LEARNING AT SHIPLEY COLLEGE WILL HELP YOU TO:
- Find out what you enjoy.
- Build your confidence.
- Make new friends.
- Improve your maths, English & IT skills.
- Explore your options and succeed.
Before you start your foundation course, you will visit the College to see if the course and environment is right for you. Your course is made up of 3 parts:
- Vocational Choices - Choose what you are interested in and/or try something new
- Personal & Social Development to help you in life and work
- Functional Skills are the vital skills that will help you get on in life and in your career. You will focus on English, maths & ICT, which will help you to go on to the next level at College, or to find a job.
Full-time Independent Living Entry Level 2 Course leaflet
Full-time Independence to Work Skills Course leaflet
Full-time Vocational Studies Entry Level 3 Course leaflet
Full-time Vocational Studies Level 1 Course leaflet
Full-time Foundation for Choice (NOCN) Level 1 Skills for Employment, Training & Personal Development Course leaflet
Full-time Introductory Sport Level 1 Course leaflet
Full-time Supported Internship Programme Course leaflet
Full-time English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Course leaflet
I chose Shipley College as I thought it would help me to achieve my goals. There is lots of support and lots to get involved with. I really like the practical lessons, especially football. After this course, I would like to continue to study sport courses and eventually one day join the Police.
Sean, 17, Introductory Sport Level 1