Remember, you don’t need to wait until September to apply, we promote apprenticeship vacancies all year round.
- Each week, as an apprentice you will work 4 days with your employer and study at College for 1 day.
- You need to apply for apprenticeship vacancies in your preferred area(s). Take a look at our Apprenticeship Jobs Board for current vacancies.
- You will have an interview.
- Apprenticeships can take between one and two years to complete.
- You will earn a real wage for your job. The minimum hourly rate is currently £3.90 but some employers pay more.
- You gain industry recognised qualifications and job-specific skills.
For an Intermediate apprenticeship:
- 2 GCSEs at grades A*-D (9-3), in English and maths.
- You must pass an initial assessment in English & maths.
For an Advanced apprenticeship:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C (9-4) (plus a minimum grade D (3) in English and maths.
- Completion of a relevant apprenticeship program at Level 2 or a minimum of one year’s relevant industry experience in the same area of work that you wish to study.
Please note, entry requirements may differ depending on the apprenticeship you wish to apply for.